PCAGOE

I'm a Proud member of the Polymer Clay Artists Guild of Etsy

Saturday, April 28, 2012

It's a New Day and a New Blog

I'm on the move today. Packed up and shipped out from Wordpress and over to Blogspot. I was having so much trouble with my blog over there and finally decided to take the leap and switch. I already know it was the right decision for me and I'm happy I did it. I'll be having surgery on Monday morning and will be laid up for a bit with nothing to do but work on this one.

My plan for this blog will be to share with you all my new creations,exciting news about upcoming events and to inspire you with tutorials using polymer clay. I was one of those people that had never picked up a ball of clay a few months ago and wasn't sure I could even do anything with it.

My good friend Brenda Sue Lansdown from Bsue Boutiques got me started with one of her monthly challenges and a new love was found. I had no idea when I started that I could sculpt clay. So glad I found it! I love it and hope you'll come along on this journey with me as I learn more and more and share it all with you.

Here's a little video I made of some of my work that will be going into the Raw Artist showcase in Portland Oregon in May. I'll blog about that exciting news soon.

I've always been passionate about animals and flowers and used to do oil pastel paintings and cake decorating, so I guess you could say it's a natural progression for me with clay. I'm still learning and probably always will be. This darn video camera is my nemesis now as I would love to get some videos done so you can see that you too can sculpt with clay. I've got the Youtube channel all ready and the instructions for the camera at my side and ready to read. Wish me luck on this new venture into teaching and please be patient with me as I go along at first.

Tamara

3 comments:

  1. I'm following you and your blog looks great but kind of hard for me to read with the white lettering. I'm excited to see that you may be doing videos with clay. I'd like to learn that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up on the text color. I did change it and it is easier to read. Still a work in progress. I'm glad you're excited about the video tutorials and that you're here! I'm going to get my son to come and help me with the camera soon. What would you like to learn to sculpt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking layout here Tammy. I look forward to following your adventures. Good luck with your health.

    ReplyDelete