PCAGOE

I'm a Proud member of the Polymer Clay Artists Guild of Etsy

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Ultra Solvy on Clay

I just found the most awesome way to get something on a piece of clay. Some of you might already have tried this but for me it's a new concept. I had some left over ultra solvy from my sewing days and thought I'd give it a try on clay. Yeah! It works like a charm. Draw something on paper and place the ultra solvy over it and trace with a black permanent marker. Lift it off the original drawing and press it into the clay with the marker side down. Then soak the clay in water (warm water works best) until the paper dissolves and you'll have a perfect transfer to work with. I'm making a key and earring set using this method and will post some pictures when it's done today. Oh happy day, I've found another way to use an image with clay!





Here's the Key I made using this technique. Not too bad for a first attempt. I used the top portion of the key drawing to make the earrings. Super simple!


Follow me on facebook

5 comments:

  1. This sounds good and I hope you'll post a tutorial when you paost again. I can see better with the black writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. never heard of that stuff before but it looks cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. COOLIO TAMMY!! Very medivel looking very AWESOME- DAWSOME!! ( As my daughter and I say!) I bet Linda would be all over this over @ PCAGOE seeing as she is the transfer queen!! Make sure you share this with the gals! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nifty idea, Tammy! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete